Friday, November 20, 2015

Sleepytime Scrapbooking

This is one of the layouts I was working on at the Stamp Your Heart Out Retreat weekend. It's actually kinda funny, because I was working on it late at night on the Saturday night, and I was literally falling asleep as I was working on it... a scrapbook layout about my son who was... falling asleep.

Yup. I just got it now.

Sometimes I'm a little slow. Haha!

Anyway, I LOVE these photos, and I find that my favorite scrapbook layouts are always the ones with my favorite photos. Good photos don't require a lot of fancy scrapbooking to make them look awesome. In fact, I think the simplicity of this layout makes the photos stand out even more. He's just so darn cute. I have adorable kids. And I'm not even biased at all. (not).


I used, like I'm sure you've been noticing in my work lately, a pack of Designer Series Paper as my color inspiration. I like everything to coordinate perfectly, and that's why I love the fact that Stampin' Up! papers use Stampin' Up! clors, and everything just always looks awesome together. I've given up on perfectly matching my photos to SU colors. That's just a little too crazy. I'm not going to lie though. I do it whenever I can. (Did someone say OCD?)

I used the Sweet L'il Things designer paper with the matching washi tape, and a couple of cards from the Moments Like These Project Life accessory pack. Because I knew they'd be the right color! yay. The circles were cut with the Big Shot & Circles Collection framelits, and the punched hearts were stamped with the Epic Alphabet heart. That one's a hidden gem. LOVE that alphabet and the heart & star in it!! The Z's were cut with the Little Letters framelits. Easy Peasy!

OOH - and if you're someone who loves to use 12x12 cardstock in colors other than Whisper White and Basic Black for your scrapbooking backgrounds, a great idea is to get the In Color 12x12 packs. Because there's only 5 colors in each In Color family, you get 4 of each color instead of 2. So a little more to work with in each color. Love that!

Thanks for checking me out today! Go create something awesome!

Jenilee
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment